Contact: Msgr. Kurwicki or Fr. Duncan
The Worship and Spiritual Development Commission fosters and enhances the spiritual life of the Cathedral parish by the planning and implementation of worship and spiritual development opportunities according to the liturgical norms of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Liturgy Committee: Organizes Sunday Masses, as well as the variety of devotions that are part of our rich Roman Catholic Tradition. Additionally, the Committe organizes the various ministries of the Parish, including:
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion: who assist the clergy in the distribution of Holy Communion during Mass, as well as to those who are home-bound or sick.
- Altar Servers
- Offertory Families : who present gifts at the altar during Mass.
- Ushers: who assist the faithful before and during Mass, taking up the collection and distribute bulletins after Masses.
- Lectors: who proclaim the Word of God at liturgies. All new lectors will have a training session prior to being assigned.
- Greeters: who welcome parishioners and visitors to the Cathedral before Mass.
- Cathedral Choir: who sings at various Sunday and Holy Day liturgies. The usual practice is 7:00 pm every Wednesday in the Cathedral.
- Prayer Line: through personal daily prayer, they pray for the sick, the needy and all parish needs.
- RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults): is the ongoing process of inviting, welcoming and initiating new members into full communion with the Catholic Church. The RCIA Committee includes a teacher/cathechist and the sponsors of those who will support and guide those coming into full communion.
- Confirmation Preparation Program: this groups organizes and prepares those to be confirmed. In the Diocese of Jefferson City, the Sacrament of Confirmation is conferred on those individuals who have reached the age of 16 and are at least juniors in high school. The length of the formal program is August-May.
Perpetual Adoration: Our Cathedral Parish is blessed to have a chapel specially set aside for the perpetual exposition and adoration of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. Volunteers are always needed to spend at least one hour weekly or biweekly with Our Lord.
Please call the Parish Office at 573.635.7991 for more information.