From the Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC, 1303):
Confirmation brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace:
– it roots us more deeply in the divine filiation which makes us cry, “Abba! Father!”;
– it unites us more firmly to Christ;
– it increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us;
– it renders our bond with the Church more perfect;
– it gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross.
The Sacrament of Confirmation is one of the initiation Sacraments in our Catholic Faith. It is often misunderstood, as it is Jesus Christ who confirms our faith rather than “us choosing to be Catholic.” This Sacrament helps to mature us into Adult Catholics, as it is one of the Sacraments of Initiation.
To obtain a copy of your certificate of Baptism, Marriage, First Holy Communion and/or Confirmation, please contact the parish office at 573.635.7991, or you may submit a written request mailed to:
Cathedral of St. Joseph
Attn. Sacramental Records
2305 West Main Street
Jefferson City, MO 65109
Learn more about Confirmation:
What happens at the Sacrament of Confirmation?
How do I arrange for Confirmation at the Cathedral of St Joseph?
In the Diocese of Jefferson City, the sacrament of Confirmation is typically conferred on those individuals who have reached the age of 16 and are at least juniors in high school. The length of the formal preparation program is August through May. Please contact Mr. David Lankford (573) 635-9454 to make sure you are enrolled in the preparation program.